s7 edge

It is not often that a smartphone is capable of genuinely surprising me anymore. I don't think it's just me, either, but anyone working in tech. It may be due to the fact that cycles have become incredibly short, at times as quick as a six-month period, or perhaps it's that it's been a while since a device has brought any meaningful innovation. Each new iteration of a flagship feels shinier, more polished and powerful than its predecessor, but ultimately has very little time to make a dent in people's minds (and hearts) because 'the next big thing' is already around the corner.

Perhaps there's no escaping from this kind of extreme consumerism, particularly in the smartphone business, which revolves around one of the most important objects in literally everyone's life. On this basis, I know that I don't want to fool myself, but I nonetheless believe that credit needs to be given where it's due. Yesterday was just a regular day for me, but while taking a walk in central London, close to Oxford Circus' station, I briefly entered a carrier's flagship store and was greeted by a flashy new pair of Galaxy S7s...

Read more of this post